JST Quilts in the Pacific NW

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States
I'm afraid I'm not too good at this blogging thing. I ignore it, don't really know how to use it properly. But every now and then I get the urge to post something that I've been doing.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Harry Potter Quilt

Early this year a member of the group I belong to, Quilters Club of America, started us on a paper piecing project. I had never paper pieced but thought I'd give it a try. The project was Harry Potter blocks from www.fandominstitches.com 
Really awesome patterns and I become hooked on it. I spent countless hours with the blocks until I had 30 completed and then put them together into a quilt. On a whim, I entered it into the Northwest Washington Fair and actually won a blue ribbon and a Peoples Choice award. Surprised the heck out of me. After all that work I hung the quilt on our wall so I can enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment